Tea time

5:33 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
You probably don't know this about me, but I'm a certified herbalist. A year or two ago, while I was working at an herb store, my boss asked me to make a tea for women's health. Actually, she originally asked me to make two, one for menopause, and one for PMS, but as I was coming up with the list of herbs, it ended up being the same, so I figured I'd combine the two.

The tea was a smashing success - my mother swears by it. It's a great tea, if I do say so myself. It helps balance all the hormones responsible for all the problems we girls deal with - cramps, irritability, hot flashes, fatigue, the list goes on and on. Many of the ingredients are very good for relaxation and balancing emotions, which never hurts, either, and makes it equally beneficial for men. I need a cup of this tea today, and I figure someone else out there does too, so here's the recipe. You should be able to find these ingredients at a local health food or herb store:

Black Cohosh
Blessed Thistle
Chamomile
Damiana
Dong Quai
Passionflower
Red Raspberry Leaf

Some of the herbs contain natural estrogen, which some women should not take. Ask your doctor if you are unsure.

Instructions for one cup of tea: Mix together your herbs in equal parts. Take one tablespoon of the mixture, and steep it in a cup of water for 15-20 minutes. Strain out the herbs, and enjoy! Some people love the taste of the tea, but if you find it bitter, try some honey or maple syrup.

My mom thinks I should sell herbal teas on etsy. Would you buy this?

~~Jen

1 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

In a heart beat you should try to sell these! What a talent...I've always been fascinated by natural herbs...think it's the best thing for the body instead of a pill that really only masks a problem.